Friday, May 3, 2013

Final Project Post - Janis Mahnure


Hello Everyone!

Before I post up the final project I wanted to say that the book does have a lot of religious views that people may or may not agree with. Please be open minded when reading the book. And respectful to those of that faith. 

My book is to dispel the myth about women being inferior to men in Islam. Media shows us how muslim women are oppressed and controlled by men. Even muslim men themselves believe that they are superior because of their own misunderstanding of the religion. And muslim women simply abide by men's rules because "that's the tradition". Well I say, ef the tradition, and find out for yourself what TRUE Islam really says about the binary of man and women. The book discusses social aspects, legal rights, political rights, and overall equity of the genders. I hope this is the first of many books I would like to publish. I did not go into the veil in Islam because that is a topic I want to give it's own book to and do it justice.


"Men and women are equal (in loose usage of the term) but not identical."

Enjoy!


P.S. How do you guys like my cover?





No comments:

Post a Comment