Saturday, May 11, 2013

My F-ing Life

My final project is a web series called, My F-ing Life

While in class throughout the semester, I realized there were several discussions in which many students had several accounts of a certain situation - moments that we all seemed to share some kind of experience with. My F-ing Life is a play on words: while it can be taken as "my EFFING life," it is more-so meant to mean My Feminist Life. It's a common joke that feminist has become the other F-word.

I have created a Facebook page to create a community in which everyone can share their stories and moments as a feminist, or just moments as women and critiquing them in a feminist POV. Men are also invited to share their experience with feminism. I have set up and gathered a few accounts of feminism and was able to start off by recording a few videos. The videos are small vignettes - mostly aiming to be comical - which are called: My F-ing Moments. I've also set up an email for people to send in their stories. The videos are hosted on the Youtube channel: xxMyEFFingLife

Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-F-ing-Life/639590952733001

Individual Youtube Channel Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd1YES6u6Qk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06TovUMrYBs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2-gMvsqqAQ&feature=youtu.be
 

Basically my intention for this community is to build up a camaraderie. After deciding on the final project, I looked up similar ideas and much of the inspiration for the videos come from a blog called Awkward Feminist Moments which is a bunch of memes of awkward moments as a feminist. It was clear that we share a lot of the same stories and I'd like this to be a place where we can blow off steam and maybe laugh when things get too intense. Many of my friends have shown interest in contributing - whether through sharing stories or offering help for video production - and I hope to make this a safe, entertaining place for fellow women and feminists.

No comments:

Post a Comment