Saturday, May 11, 2013

Riot Grrrl: Women Make Music

Throughout the semester, we have read and learned about women who have created movies, documentaries, and alternative media.  However, we have yet to learn about women who make music.  My final project focuses on women make music, specifically riot grrrl, a genre and movement that was very active during the 90’s.  Riot grrrls helped changed the "rules" and roles of who and who couldn't be on the stage
I have hosted the post on my music blog. Through this post, I hope to ease readers (and listeners) into the genre. This post will be the first of many series, looking at a genre, band, or artist, where I would write a brief primer on the subject, hopefully introducing it the masses (or whoever comes across my blog). 

My Blog: Revolting Sounds
Riot Grrrls: Through The Sound and Fur(rr)y

Sleater-Kinney - Modern Girl 

1 comment: