Saturday, May 11, 2013

Final project

My final project is focused on body image in advertising. People's appearances are very often sexualized and objectified in order to sell different brands. We see such examples everywhere on a daily basis - on TV, in the magazines, on the streets.
These type of ads are actually selling much more than just products. I use a lot of images from different countries (mostly USA and Russia) as an examples of negative and positive messages, and also a couple of TV commercials. My goal is to bring awareness to people, who are exposed to these ads and don't really think what it is all about, and how powerful they can be. My audience is people from 18 and up. It can be teens, students, adults, etc. I would like my parents to see it as well as my friends. I will upload it on Facebook, Vkontakte and on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment