Monday, April 8, 2013

Final Project Proposal - Eun Mi

For my final project, I will present few issues that are displayed in the trend of K-pop. K-pop has been getting a lot of attention around the world because of the girl/boy groups, image, catchy music, and especially, fashion. I am pleased to see that Korean influence is spreading to various parts of the world, but the way that Korean trend is being portrayed can be misleading. Although Korean artists are bringing different flavor of music and fashion to the audience, the sexual and promiscuous theme is similar to those of Western artists. As a matter in fact, artists who are more revealing (and more reserved and passive in the case of female artists) seem to gain more popularity.

I will create a video and concentrate on a few trends that influences the audience (Korean audience mostly) for them to realize how K-pop is controlling the social trends. I will edit and put together a few of the artists' performance to critique their styles, performances, and looks. As I discuss the issues with the artists' weight, style, and music, I will also provide examples of K-pop artists who did not conform to K-pop culture and the consequences they had to suffer through.

To end on a good note, I will introduce a VERY famous K-pop star who overcame a lot of K-pop trends to create a trend of his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment