Saturday, April 13, 2013

project proposal



For my final project I want to focus on the different gender roles in movies and comparing the roles of those characters in movies to that of others. Also, I want to criticize how these gender roles have become almost typical of directors to assume to have in movies.  I will use examples of different movies on how these movies have or have not displayed certain tendencies of stereotyping or placing certain gender roles on the characters in the movie. I am also interested in finding characters in movies that do not adhere to the stereotypes. I was looking to see if there were any strong characters in the sense that they don't do the traditional things that most movies would most likely place in a character. I am thinking on making this in to some form of a documentary format.  I plan on using the different types of movies and compare them to others to see whether the directors or the writers had written the characters differently.  



1 comment:

  1. Is this going to be base on Hollywood films, foreign films or both? It would be interesting to see how stereotypes found in different cultures play out in gender roles and are these similar or different each other.

    ReplyDelete