Friday, February 8, 2013

I am me, plain & simple.

I am me, plain and simple. Not so plain and not so simple. According to my mother I was born while a winter storm was occurring and she says she knew from that moment I was going to be trouble. I personally dont consider myself as trouble but more of a free spirited soul with no filter. I tend to speak my mind a little too much. Some people like that while others dont. I like to describe myself as a winter baby with a summer soul. I say I was born to be in warm weather and by the water.

I have transfered schools twice but finally feel at home here at Hunter. I am a junior, majoring in Media Analysis. It took me a few years to decide what I wanted to go to school for although I always had a feeling I was going to end up doing something in the media world. My goal for the future is to have my own social media marketing consultant firm, focusing on small local business. Now a days you see more and more businesses marketing themselves on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms. Some business owners dont have the time to manage all that on their own or even have the knowledge to do so. I feel at moments like those they will require the help of media savvy people like myself.

Besides the fact that I am going to school for media analysis, I spend majority of my day on social media platforms. I am one of those people that cant go anywhere now without checking out the business' yelp or city search page and as soon as I arrive I am checking in on Foursquare. I believe that as the years pass by we are going to rely more and more on media platforms. http://youtu.be/pw8PpYBiDsc

No comments:

Post a Comment