Saturday, February 2, 2013

Who Do You Think You Are? - Bruce Le

     On the first day of my Wednesday class this week, my teacher had all of the students say their name and what they planned to do after graduation.  I thought long and hard about an answer that felt right to me.  When it came to be my turn, I said, "after graduation I want to write for the New York Times."  I figured, "dream big, why not?"  I know there is a big chance that I won't be able to write for such a prestigious publication.  Or perhaps I will pursue other venues of writing before long.  However, I think it would be amazing and straying off the beaten path to write for such a newspaper in an industry that is predicted to die soon.  I think I am an optimistic idealist.
     I grab a Village Voice, Metro NY, or NYTimes paper whenever I can.  I am addicted to blogs like "Eataku," "Lucylou.livejournal.com," or "Angry Asian Man."  I was raised in a Vietnamese Catholic neighborhood in Texas and because of that, I like to ponder the purpose of traditional conventions in everyday life.  I recently started writing for the arts and entertainment section of the Hunter Envoy and I love it so far.  Not only does writing these articles help me with my writing skills, but it motivates me to look for all the amazing events, galleries, museums, and concerts that NYC has to offer.  My blog is The Periodical Bruce where I feature different comics I love.  Many of them are autobiographical stories written and drawn by the artist in different ways.  I am a reader, writer, outsider, and underdog.



No comments:

Post a Comment