Saturday, February 9, 2013

This is who I am


In the age of 16 after I had a chance to go on a bus trip to Europe, I realized that I would leave Siberia and Russia as soon as possible because life is too short and the world is too big to live in one place. My parents insisted on getting college degree first. But it didn’t stop me from going to the USA in summer three years in a row. On the third time after graduation from Russian university I stayed in New York. I love everything about this city. At first I lived in Long Island where I worked as a bartender in Irish pub. There I was surrounded by Irish-American community only. Not a single person speaking Russian around me for over a year – that’s how I got fluent in English. After you learn to understand Irish accents from all possible Irish counties, you can understand anyone. Then I moved to Queens and changed a few jobs in Manhattan. Now I work in La Vie.  

I’m positive, determine, obsessive-compulsive in some moments, and kind of crazy in terms of irrational decisions. I like running, drawing, playing piano. Traveling is my passion. In life I like contrast and variety. My whole family, including my parents, thinks I’m totally crazy and they don’t understand why I don’t want to live in Russia. But they still support me in my decisions.  
Right now my place in Media is mostly as a consumer. By using simple method of exclusion like “I’m not a doctor, not a lawyer, not an accountant, not a scientist” I got to the field of Humanities and Art. What exactly I will be doing in Media, I don’t know yet but I like to learn about it and try different things. I strongly believe if you are looking for something, you will find it for sure. 
 



1 comment:

  1. Wahoo! you got it. See what happens when you try to do something 10 minutes before it is due.....

    Glad you got it posted. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete