Saturday, February 2, 2013

Who Do You Think You Are? - Janis Mahnure

My name is Janis Mahnure and I am a Renaissance Lady. I am an artist, a writer, a poet, a scientist, and all around family person - or at least I believe I am these things.

I'm a graphics designer for a start-up marketing and consulting company. I also have my own project called 'Drops of Knowledge' which is an online publication and I have released two magazines through the project, currently working on the third and fourth one. I have also developed a children's iPad book.

I am in the Thomas Hunter Honors Program, majoring in Media Studies concentrated on Emerging Media and currently contemplating on doing a double major on Religion. I hope to finish my Bachelors and teach a class at Hunter called "Women in Islam" while simultaneously obtaining a PhD from Columbia in Media Studies.

I am extremely fascinated by sociology and psychology and it's relation to the media and manipulating the society. As soon as I receive my PhD I hope to be a professor at various elite colleges in NYC and also work on publishing many books.

Oh, and I love food. I bake and cook whether I have spare time or not and experimenting is the best. Bet you don't know how to make this beautiful eggs benedict.

No comments:

Post a Comment