Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Essence of Myself

Who I am now is a direct result of what I've worked to become. I am a perpetual student, a writer, a web-designer, a futurist, and a robotics technician. Media has helped me to become who I am because of it's salient presence in today's society. When I was in my early teenage years, the internet developed right before my eyes- completely free and replete with knowledge. I was always a bookish kind of guy who knew I could never know everything about one thing, but I always aspired to know at least one thing about everything. The ubiquity of information on the internet made knowledge so easy to obtain that I spent hours researching whatever it was that interested or inspired me.

As a result of this, I learned the ins and outs of various computer systems and networking environments. When I was 15 years old, I got in trouble for creating a Linux based computer system that would hi-jack incoming cable streams, which allowed me the luxury of on-demand television. (To this day I don't know who snitched on me). This was nothing extraordinary- many people had done it before. It was just a turning point in my life where I realized that the tools we have at our disposal can help us accomplish anything we set out to do- as long as we persevere and stay determined. Upon enrolling in college, I've taken up a major in English and Media Studies, with a minor in Computer Science. These days, I work in IT at a small business downtown, I work with medical robotics through a program with HPEC, and I am a web designer and writer for flatironhotnews.com.

Here's a glimpse of the future: http://hpectechtrends.wordpress.com/category/1-robotics/

An example of the types of robots I work with: http://youtu.be/cFVlzUAZkHY

An article I wrote in tribute to Aaron Swartz: http://www.flatironhotnews.com/2013/01/16/aaron-swartz-the-death-of-a-genius-and-birth-of-a-martyr/

And me:




No comments:

Post a Comment