Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Who am I?



They say I’m a guy with a complicated personality. Maybe it’s true.
Ex Citizen of Soviet Russia, I was born and raised in the deep forests of one of the republics that no one ever heard of. Chuvash Republic, in case you care. The village I was born and spent my first 19 years is still called Yatmankino and still consists of one street and 12 small houses lined up facing each other. Similar poorly constructed buildings with similar huge fields instead of backyards in the back still remind me of the painful mornings when I had to wake up at 5AM and spend whole day crawling around potato fields in order to make sure that coming winter we have enough food on our table. I don't remember being unhappy or complaining about my life throughout my childhood, until we got our first TV. On a 15 inch black and white TV receiver with two channels, for the first time in my life, I was able to see that the life is beyond the ideas of communism.
During my teenage years I moved to the nearest city where I became a DJ on one of the local radio stations and was eventually moved to an affiliated TV company where  I was introduced to the world of media production. I was amazed how small group of people driven by their creativity, was able to accomplish amazing projects. I learned how to create exciting script, record it, add audio and video content and polish it all up into a great media product.
My path to becoming an American had started almost 7 years ago and like many immigrants, I have changed my views on many of the aspects of life. I had to expand my thinking and challenged my beliefs, they only thing that didn’t change, is my passion to create media. I hate writing, but love telling the story with video camera and Final Cut. My goal is to dedicate my life to creating a media but my dream is to amaze people with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment