Friday, February 8, 2013

Who Am I? - Jonathan Chin

It’s pretty hard to distinguish yourself in a world with well over 6 billion people. I am one of the many Jonathan Chins in the world.  Born in the city but lived in a city just outside of the Bronx called Yonkers for most of my life.  Though I lived Yonkers for most of my life, I never really called it my home. The New York City always appealed to me with its music, food, culture and its ever so reliable subway service.

As a media major with a concentration in journalism, I have been beginning to learn that the world of journalism that I grew up with is rapidly changing.  We are being taught to not only how to become journalists but media makers as well, with training in video editing and photography.  
Now being in my 3rd year at Hunter College as a media major, I’m learning not only how to be a media maker, but also how to be a better media consumer and critic.  With the media being saturated with partisan news outlets, its difficult to find unbiased content.  Who’s gonna change this?  Maybe its me, maybe I’m the one to signal in this change.  As a music blogger, a DJ for the Hunter College radio station, and aspiring photojournalist and cameraman, I am still trying to figure out what my role is in the media.



No comments:

Post a Comment